Hi everybody. Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, but life just gets busy sometimes.
Healthy lifestyle choices for a better night’s sleep:
- Plan to wind down 15-30 minutes before bed. Read, do yoga, meditate or just chill.
- Plan your schedule so that you can aim to be asleep by 10pm. The body does most of it’s work to repair and restore your body from 10pm to 2am, so those are very critical hours for sleeping and waking feeling refreshed. Whatever you think you have to get done, give yourself a cutoff and then stop. Most likely your chores will still be waiting for you the next day.
- No caffeine eight hours before bed.
- Do not watch any stress provoking TV right, before bed,especially the News, especially Fox News! Enough said!
- No digital devices in the bedroom-no TV, computer equipment, nothing but your bed and bedroom furniture.
- Pamper yourself with pillows and a nice linen spray.
- Ideally don’t eat 3 hours before bed. Realistically, don’t eat 2 hours before bed, and don’t eat heavy.
- Exercise regularly and early. Studies have shown this improves sleep.
- Do the best you can with what you’ve got everyday, and thank the Good Lord for giving it to you!
Goodnight and rest well!
Dr. Nancy Scheinost
Rheumatology of Brazos Valley